Wheat Noodle in Coconut Chicken Soup ( Ohnno Kaukswe)Ingredients
- 2 lb chicken
- 5 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chily powder
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 piece coconut (50 gm of thick coconut milk)
- 3 boiled eggs
- 1 lb onion
- 10 teaspoon pea powder
- 3 lb wheat noodle
Chop chicken. Boil chicken and chicken bones 2 quarts of water Add fish sauce and boil for 15 minutes. Drain out soup to a container. remaining boiled chicken. Throw away chicken bones. Add oil. salt. chilly powder and fry for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk and pea powder. Remix with the chicken soup. Add 2 more quarts of hot water. Add 1/2 lb of quartered onions to soup. Boil for 15 minutes in low heat.
How to serve
- In each small plates. prepare these on table: Chilly powder
- Boil egg and remove shell. Slice.
- Thinly slice 1/2 lb of onion. wash in water. Drain water.
- Dry dried thick rice noodle
- Serve noodle and soup in separate bowls.